Software Design Engineer
Are you looking for a meaningful career? Searching for a company that can provide job satisfaction and longevity with a real future? If so, consider Kingfisher Company.
Life safety solutions are becoming ever more important in today’s world. Companies that provide them are constantly challenged to provide better products that are faster, more reliable, and more efficient. As a member of our team, you’ll participate in a challenging work environment providing real solutions for real life safety situations.
As an individual contributor the Software Design Engineer will work with other members of the product development team to design high quality, state of the art wireless communication equipment operating at frequencies within the public emergency radio band.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for wireless emergency communications products and systems as required by new product development plans and existing product support needs.
- Develop code for high level applications running on PC based platforms as well as mobile devices.
- Analyze trade-offs in the system design to optimize requirements.
- Develop and debug embedded firmware for mixed signal applications.
- Develop test plans and perform design verification testing to ensure design quality.
- Key contributor to design documentation such as technical assessments, functional specifications, performance specifications, test specifications, and detailed design specification documents.
- Translate design specifications in system designs and implementation, participate in design and code reviews.
- Implement and adhere to software development methodologies.
- Implement and maintain software versioning and revision control.
- Own & drive the execution end to end while maintaining schedule compliance.
- Keep abreast of industry changes in software engineering technologies, processes and disciplines.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related, plus 1 year of experience in embedded firmware design. One year experience must include:
- Embedded C/C++/C#, object oriented software development and assembly language.
- RTOS and non-RTOS based system designs.
- Hands-on lab work: prototyping, design verification, creating and executing test plans, and use of lab equipment.
- Writing and modifying low level embedded firmware related to hardware designs.
- Debugging, troubleshooting embedded systems and software applications.
- Embedded software development tools, emulators and JTAG.
- Software version control and defect tracking software.
- Strong positive attitude and desire to work in a team environment.
10% annual travel to client sites as needed.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to HR@ kfci.com, Kingfisher Company, Inc., 81 Old Ferry Road, Lowell MA 01854
- Founded in 1964, KCi continues to support an outstanding reputation for reliable, quality products acquired through years of business.
- Extensive experience within the fire detection, suppression and the emergency communications industry.
- Company prides itself with long-standing relationships.
- A large diversified customer base including commercial, industrial and military applications.
- Reputation for providing high quality, state-of-the-art systems
- Listing agencies approvals include FCC, UL and FM.
- GSA Contract #GS-07F-0349K